Why use pm Connections Ltd?
We are appropriately qualified and competent to take on the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor role for construction and engineering projects. These can be from refurbishment, new build, extensions and engineering projects. A Principal Designer is required for projects that are more than 30 days and 20 contractors in length or more than 500 person days - whichever comes first.
Main duties of the Principal Designer
- assist the Client in identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information.
- provide pre-construction information to designers, Principal Contractor and Contractors.
- ensure that Designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other.
- liaise with the Principal Contractor for the duration of your appointment.
- prepare the Health and Safety File.
Below are some clients where we have acted as Principal Designer :-
See also our CDM Awareness training page for further CDM 2015 draft guidance.